(For the Vinaigrette)
• Minced zest of ½ a lemon
• ½ c. each fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
• 2 T. minced fresh garlic
• Salt and black pepper to taste
(For the Tabbouleh)
• 1 C. dry quick cooking bulghur
• 1 (10 oz) package grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 english cucumber, seeded and chopped
• 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 C. chopped fresh parsley
• 1 C. sliced scallions
• ½ C. chopped fresh mint
• ½ C. pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
1. For the vinaigrette - whisk together zest, lemon juice, oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
2. For the Tabbouleh - cook bulgur according to package directions; transfer to a baking sheet and chill.
3. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, parsley, scallions, mint, olives, and chilled bulgur; toss with vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper, and chill until ready to serve.