- 1 Lb. frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed completely dry, chopped
- 1 Lb. feta cheese block, crumbled
- 8 green onions, white and green parts, sliced thin
- 1 T. + 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- ¼ C. parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 package phyllo sheets
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, feta, green onions, dill, parsley, garlic, and red pepper (if using); stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay phyllo dough flat and brush gently with butter. Repeat this with 2 more layers so there are 3 layers total. Cut the phyllo into 6 equal squares.
- Place a scant tablespoon of the mixture onto the phyllo squares, and fold one end of the square over to form a triangle; press the edges together. Repeat this process with all of the phyllo until the spinach feta mixture is gone.
- Place the phyllo triangles on a baking sheet and brush the tops lightly with butter. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, or until light brown and crispy. * Note, if you notice that the top is getting too brown, flip over and cook on the other side.