An Italian Classic! This is my go-to dessert when I need something quick, but elegant. Thickened with gelatin sheets, this dessert can be made in minutes!
- 1/3 C. whole milk
- 1 ½ C. heavy cream
- ½ C. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 gelatin sheets, bloomed
1. Bloom gelatin sheets in ice water.
2. Combine the cream, milk, and vanilla. Microwave for 30 seconds.
3. In a saucepan, combine the sugar with 2 T. water. Melt the sugar until it turns a dark amber color – do not stir!
4. Gently add the cream mixture to the sugar and stir well. Be careful for the steam release when you are adding the cream into the sugar. When the cream mixture is stirred in, squeeze all of the water out of the gelatin sheets and add to the mixture. Stir well.
5. Strain and pour into serving containers. Refrigerate until use. Before serving, top with smoked sea salt.