- 4 oz crusty day old bread, cubed– plus 2 C. water with 1 T. salt
- 1 ¼ # tomato petals, seeds and insides removed. Weight is clean petals only
- ¼ c. diced onion
- ¼ c. sherry vinegar
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 T. lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place the cubed bread in a bowl with the 2 cups of salted water and let hydrate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, squeeze out the water 90% of the water from the bread and place in a food processor with all of the other ingredients.
- Puree until very smooth. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with lemon balm and more extra virgin olive oil.