• 5 – 6 oz. kasseri cheese – or halloumi, or feta
• 1.5 T. olive oil
• 3 T. flour
• ¼ C. ouzo
• 1 lemon, wedged, for garnish
• Pita Bread, toasted
1. Marinate the kasseri in the ouzo in a Ziploc bag for 2-3 hours, turning often.
2. Heat a small saute pan over medium high heat. Add the oil. Remove the cheese from the ouzo (reserve the ouzo) and dredge the cheese in the flour and flash fry on both sides until the cheese is nicely browned.
3. Pour the reserved ouzo back into the pan and immediately light on fire with a lighter. Serve with pita bread and garnish with lemon wedges.